Re: Everybody's playing Quake 2 but me

Casey Boone said:
> its possible because i know ppl who play it (well thats what they told me
> anyway i guess they could be lying :)

I play it regularly on my K6/233 with a Voodoo (Diamond Monster 3D).

> but my question is why would you want to play quake2?  its not a very good
> sequal ... seems to fit the duke nukem setting alot better than the quake
> setting or the doom setting.... to each his own i guess :)

Quake 2 is a sequel only in name, same as Quake 3 will be, I'm sure.
It really has very damn little in common with original Quake, but of
course that only means that original Quake (or at least QuakeWorld) is
still very much worth keeping around.

BTW, everything I've read suggests that Id wanted to ditch the demonic
motif of Doom/Quake to get a bit broader audience.  I thought they
pulled it off pretty well.  (At least in Doom it made sense.  I
thought it was rather forced in Quake.)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month