Re: Apache

(I'm obviously behind on my email again.  :)

A long time ago, Alan Wilson said:
> Thanks. that did it! I missed that one.
> On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Richard H. Fifarek wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Alan Wilson wrote:
> > > Subject: Apache
> >
> > > The default web site words OK; however, the URL http://ipnumber/~user/
> > > gives an error something like "you don't have permissings to access the
> > > directory  error 403"
> >
> > 	Make sure that your home directory is the same permissions as your
> > public_html directory.

Actually, you just need to make sure that everything above your
public_html is at least executable.  I usually leave my home directory
mode 711.  (That way, cd into my home directory works for other users,
but ls doesn't.)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month