Re: PPP to connect to local ISP...

I don't know what those mean-- I'm running what started life as Slackware
a couple of years ago...but I found happiness in Robert Hart's PPP Howto.
It's a little bit of doc wading, but it's rather easy actually.  If you're
dialing into a PAP authenicated server, I can give you the config files
that work for me.  They're rigged to handle a call back from NT, but they
would probably be good reference.