Re: Meeting...

Lloyd Parsons said:
> I was only at one meeting, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I would probably
> participate more, but frankly, 6PM doesn't work for me.  Many times I am
> still at work, or just getting out of there.  I need to eat before I go, and
> then it is too late.

Wow.  You think we actually *start* meetings at 6?  Not by a long
shot, unless something has changed drastically in the last few
months...

Here's how it usually works...  Around 6, people start showing up.
They start chatting...  By 6:30, most of the people who are going to
show up, do.  That's when the chatting starts to get a bit more
organized.  People start bringing up questions & such.  Around 7, the
"formal" presentation begins.  Around 8, the "formal" presentation
trails off a bit, and people start to leave (for whatever reason).
Usually the questions start up again.  By 8:30, the questions are so
off-topic it's frightening.  By 9, the meeting has degenerated to a
bunch of people talking amongst themselves again.  Around 9:30,
whoever is left usually goes to Hardees to grab a burger or something.
Sometime around 11 (when they kick everybody out), people start
heading out to their cars.  Eventually everybody goes home.

Have I missed anything?  :-)

In other words, if you can't show up until 7, you haven't missed
anything.  If you show up at 8, most likely there will still be people
there to talk to.  After 9, you might have to hunt people down at the
local fast food establishments.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month