Re: Ultra DMA IDE vs. SCSI 2 or 3

Richard,

What would you use a dual-boot server for anyway?  What you will be using
it for totally changes what type of hardware/OS/etc. that you will need,
regardless of the load.  (But you already knew that :P)

True, IDE *is*
cheaper, but so is the performance.  If you are expecting a heavy load,
I'd surely try to go with the fastest hardware to prevent hardware and
network failures down the road.  If your hardware can't keep up with your
load, then you will have to upgrade later and end up spending more $$
than you started with.