Re: S3 Virge support (was Re: Meeting?)

Koree A. Smith said:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> > (since I got my Diamond Stealth 3D 2000).  The SVGA server also has
> > support for the Virge (implemented by another group).  One or both
>
> I forgot to say this, the SVGA server was working with my S3V chip just fine,
> except, it was using what it called a "builtin mode" which automatically set
> my resolution to 320x200.  I dunno if you've ever tried to work in X at that
> res, but it sucks :D  Any idea what this builtin crap is?

That's a standard VGA mode (320x200x256).  When I said that the latest
XFree's SVGA server supported the Virge, I meant it *really* supports
the Virge, not just as a generic VGA card.  Again, though, I've only
used the S3V server...

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month