Re: A non-Windows World...

Koree A. Smith said:
> I'm going to embark on a journey many think is impossible.
[snip]
> So, my desire is to go to
> a completely Linux world, using Windows only in a few instances.
[...]

FWIW, I've been there for a couple of years now.  I haven't had
Windows installed on my computer since early '96.  (I actually just
reinstalled it on my 250 meg drive a few weeks ago just so I could
play some games...  Sad, huh?)

FWIW, Wine has gotten pretty good...  The last time I looked at it
(going on a year ago now) it could run most Windows apps better than
Wabi could.  It didn't look as pretty, but that's just because it
didn't have the private font server so it could use Windows fonts the
way Wabi does.  If you get Applix though, it comes with Gallium's
TrueType-rendering font server.  That will probably help Wine quite a
bit.

(217)698-1694             | Watch this space for meeting day & time