Re: reboot

Well, I think the teardrop bug on 2.0.30 can cause a Linux box to reboot.  I
dunno about NT other than the old port 139 overflow bug.  Ya might check the
bugtraq archives from the last month.  I know I've seen quite a few things on
both platforms lately.

Koree

BTW, it's not normal for NT to freeze daily?  You know, you're right.  It's
hourly...

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Matthew P Walker wrote:

> what are the current security things that would cause a linux box to reboot
> (2.0.30) and NT machines to freeze (I think NT froze for whatever this was,
> not the normal daily thing ;-)

Koree A. Smith
--
Development Programmer, CMAC, Inc.