Mailman SMTP Relay

I’m wondering if I’ve missed something but it feels really hard to start a mailman service because of the way SMTP works these days with all the SPF, DKIM, DMARC stuff.

I’ve setup a Mailman3 server running on DigitalOcean but if I try to send straight from that server I’m going to have to one-by-one get the IP unblocked and that’s even if they’ll work with me.  If I try to use an SMTP service they expect to verify the identity of every sender which is not possible/reasonable.

Steve, I’m curious.  Did you just go through the trouble of “building up your IP rep” for silug.org?  Or is there some secret I haven’t discovered?

I’m trying to setup this mailman for my Sons of Norway lodge which is a Scandinavian culture and arts “fraternity”.  Email seems the best option given the audience but I’m starting to feel like I’ll have to resort to something more like a web app (Mastodon, or something).