SL6 (was New CentOS releases)

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 16:30 -0500, Kevin Thomas wrote:
> I think you guys hit the nail on the head about moving to Scientific
> Linux. The constant delays and lack of info regarding CentOS just
> pushed me over the edge. It'll be SL for me from now on.

Anyone who wants to give Scientific Linux v6 a try, and has 42 GB of
available disk space, the attached script will pull down everything you
need. Note that the SL folks enbed their updates in the same tree as the
release. Also, they have an odd way of naming and soft linking their
directories. On my end I created
a /pub/ScientificLinux/scientific/6rolling/ destination directory, then
soft linked ./6.0/ to it.

For the moment I don't have full yum support and will have to patch
things manually. When I have time to figure out a proper .repo file,
I'll post it.

--Doc

rsync-sl6release