Re: What to do with some spare laptop parts?

2010/9/5 james geary <smiley.james.geary@gmail.com>
Ah... does sound like a fun project... although i cant help on the mobo keep us informed i know i would like to find cheap computer parts being a student myself. best of luck!

So far I've found I've found a couple options on newegg, one is a $110 mobo by Jetway which isn't very appealing, another is a barebone by Shuttle that has an optical bay, supports 2GB DDR2 667/800 RAM SO-DIMM and a 2.5" hard drive, then foxconn makes a couple barebone nettops, one uses ION chipset, the other intel chipset, both have gigabit eathernet, and support a single SO-DIMM DDR2 667/800 (one supports 2GB max, the other 4GB max), the intel chipset however has 802.11n, the ION has no wireless, the ION costs $30 more, the ION has an atom 330, the intel has a atom D510. Choices, choices.

--
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

"Я - тот. Я - всемогущее. Я буду управлять по всем."