[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Red Hat vs Debian distros
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Red Hat vs Debian distros
- From: Tom Dison <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 17:25:07 -0500
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1280880769; bh=EO1hOMrklYxNjnU/lq2gwSwCiurTLv6sTivYB+U7QmE=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Subject:From:Date:To:Message-ID; b=uA9cYe3q1S/KzECTGYIbY8MPiYT6wrW98f5ngGCCy6EynhIPjvA5bcZ/0gtDVWkwX3Pzmouwav+daBDamgGNl40J0gTe0jOxow1ZWH4hPr2YQd0qXieDN/4BuQS5PtZz4rH9N0aPrYRWpv9t+XXZsJWnJCnEW2Q78xQCBZ0mMG8=
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Subject:From:Date:To:Message-ID; b=ZOtkig3N/epg7C+VuKVgDLsWexo9RKsDSdxZNsrfNgD6J66fSJsSQxN4aDgN/677csFbn+jXdvC/tG/2+HuPOUXURtKQ7687zFawpt1WC60LE0hDFAfi//IMnc/0lYgm63Jw1TXhi48HG4pdzuQ4ir2FsPlg1YxIItHiYjekfMU= ;
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
I tend to live in the Debian-based world. I've had great success upgrading from version to version using dist-upgrade without breakage. I've also never had to worry about version conflict. This may just be a Debian/Ubuntu release engineering thing. With Fedora/Mandriva/Suse I seemed to always run into package conflicts. However, they've all become very polished, so it's mostly a preference at this point.
>> stuff about debian,fedora,etc
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.