[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ubuntu v. Fedora (overall)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Ubuntu v. Fedora (overall)
- From: Tom Dison <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:54:55 -0600
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:Subject:From:Date:To:Content-Type:MIME-Version; b=dHhD727lF8wjf51OfmASGk2QdoQfrF93wyKAKi880FTt4VPXnwhMMRtMQQpR5oZbgmQwApt6p+y8g2PRQPcRXqH+NLfaoY5LRx+ERUai1fOY9xwMdxJ5o8ICFWtw8xoL5LHU9AZEOpXhGHU3Cga/bvvAnsGTCwHV0Fzu9+300Wk= ;
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Well said. Another good comparison is RH and Ubuntu LTS.
Anyhoo, religion and the best distro are always fun topics!
Nathan Nutter <email@example.com> wrote:
>It sounds like you've already decided based on non-technical reasons.
>As to technical reasons there is very little difference. However, just
>to be clear Red Hat and Fedora are way more different than Ubuntu and
>Fedora are. If you wanted to compare Red Hat and Fedora you could make
>an almost equally compare Ubuntu and Debian stable.
>2010/2/23 Wolfgang <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>> This debate could probably go on forever, but between the two which would be
>> better for me, I started with Ubuntu, but since then have become more
>> comfortable with terminal, so now anymore Fedora seems more usable to me
>> (tried it before Ubuntu and switched to Ubuntu within a week). Ubuntu seems
>> like it's getting commercial while Fedora is community supported (doesn't
>> help Canonical doesn't separate its business version from its end user
>> version like Red Hat and Fedora are). Most of what I do in Ubuntu will work
>> just fine in Fedora. I won't do much until summer when I get a new laptop
>> for college, so no major rush and I'll probably bring this up at a LUG as
>> well, which will be March 20th for me, I have other plans for March 3rd.
>> "You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing
>> and learning from your past."
>> "When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."
>> "Я - тот. Я - всемогущее. Я буду управлять по всем."
>To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
>"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.