Something's not right in FC10 land. Redhat Bugzilla errors 478815and 481761

Between the Nvidia issue I'm stuck with and now this boot bug in two out
of the three kernels I have, I am rather stumped.

Fedora (2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.x86_64)  is a classroom example of
481761.  So no joy there.  At least not yet.
Fedora (2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64), mentioned in 478815 and for me just
passing the great black screen with blinky curser (Nvidia strikes
again)  No joy there either.
Fedora (2.6.27.7-134.fc10.x86_64)  does boot. Yeah.  But, there's always
one of those...
The Nvidia driver doesn't work, so I am using vesa in the xorg.conf file
and it rewrites itseslf everytime I reboot.

 So here I sit with a mostly working FC10 install using my one working
kernel.  Sigh.  I did say I liked using cutting edge stuff.  ;).

Is there a way to neatly back out of the kernel upgrade that set all
this mayhem off?  Will that fix the booting issue with 27.9-159, which
did work before the upgrade.  Or am I just stuck until this bug dies a
natural death?

Other question.  The Nvidia issue started at the same time the upgrade
started it's own parade, so I'm not sure what happened.

The Nvidia issue has to do with the kernel mod not loading or being an
API mismatch.  I've had both.  I tried uninstalling the drivers and
reloading the driver.  No joy.  I have to edit the xorg.conf and change
the driver to vesa to get a screen. Otherwise the log basically tells me
there are no useable screens.

Otherwise, the weather is wonderful.  :)  Suggestions and snide comments
are welcome.

Bonnie