Laptop wireless connect problem + FIX

Title:

Laptop wireless connect problem + FIX

My Ubuntu/Windoz Vista laptop stopped connecting in wireless. I tried most of the fixes that I could find on the net. Nothing worked. I re-installed Ubuntu. I installed Debian, Fedora 10, CentOS and nothing would find the wireless network card. The sound wouldn't work in any of the Linux flavors accept Ubuntu. I finally read a fix that said the Windoz was the problem. It said to unplug the battery, leave it out for a few minutes and plug the battery back in. Boot into Linux and it would find the wireless card. Sounds strange but hay, at this point I'll try anything. I'll even go out in the snow, turn around three times and spit.

It worked. Taking the battery out really worked. Or maybe it was the spitting in the snow? I now have a working wireless Ubuntu laptop.