Re: Hard Drive Grepped, not showing up in Automount.

On Jan 15, 2008 10:19 PM, Sean Abbott <sean.abbott@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then, when I
> got tired of that, I grabbed the uuid of the usb drive and used that in
> fstab so that when it's present, it mounts automatically to my mount point
> rather than the system's.

That's one of many ways.  Another is to label the filesystem on the
USB drive.  Another is to modify the udev rules instead of fstab
(which I could give more info, but I don't understand udev enough,
yet).  /etc/fstab is for non-removable media.

Regards,
- Robert