Re: Hard Drive Grepped, not showing up in Automount.

incidentally, mount's got a couple of fun features I've enjoyed.  The first was when I discovered that you could move a mount without unmount/remounting (mount --move olddir newdir) which was nice because my amarok database was pointed at the old ubuntu automount point (/media/usbdisk instead of /media/disk) and changing that in the db was gonna be a bitch.  Then, when I got tired of that, I grabbed the uuid of the usb drive and used that in fstab so that when it's present, it mounts automatically to my mount point rather than the system's.

I'm well aware that the above are probably common knowledge, but I thought they were neat and had to share. :-)

On Jan 5, 2008 8:03 PM, Robert Citek < rwcitek@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
On Jan 5, 2008 3:04 PM, Corey Lanier < on3.40.se7en@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Matthew and Robert.  dmesg -c got me the device number.  I just had
> to recreate the mount directory for the drive and mount manually.  I'm not
> sure why it quit automounting, but I guess I'll just edit fstab myself if
> problems persist.

Did you run the script I posted?  Can you post the contents of output.txt?

Regards,
- Robert