Re: 802.11b/g wireless card for OpenBSD

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 21:04 -0800, Tom Dison wrote:
> I'm using a Enterasys RoamAbout RBTBG-AX that is an A/B/G card with
> OpenBSD. I believe it uses the Atheros driver.
>
> Jon Drews <jon.drews@gmail.com> wrote:
>         OpenBSD 4.0 GENERIC#0 i386 Intel Celeron ("GenuineIntel"
>         686-class,
>         256KB L2 cache)
>
>         Hello all:
>
>         Can anyone recommend an 802.11b/g wireless card that works in
>         OpenBSD? Does anyone know if the computer store sells b/g
>         wireless
>         cards that work in *BSD? If it helps, my OpenBSD uses Red Hat
>         8
>         binaries to run the Opera web browser and Softmaker Office
>         suite.
>         --
>         Kind regards,
>         Jonathan

If there's an Atheros driver for OpenBSD, then the 3Com 3CRPAG175B a/b/g
card should be high on your list.

It fits completely in one PCMCIA slot without blocking the other in any
way. When you're not using it, you can push the antenna in flush against
the side (think toaster) so it won't catch on something and possibly
break while you're carrying your laptop around. Also, when the antenna
is retracted, the card is turned off and doesn't draw any power.

--Doc