Fwd: Fwd: Probably an easy problem...

Yeah, that is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for Paul. However
it is giving me an error about (I think) a missing library. I did a
yum install "perl-Mail*", but it didn't put the POP3Client.pm anywhere
on my system. How should I get this library? Here is the error:

Can't locate Mail/POP3Client.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi

I tweaked your code a little because I don't care about what is in the
subject or anything like that, I just want any attachments the account
receives (it won't be accessible from outside our network). The
modified version:

#!/usr/bin/perl

# Written by Nick McCubbins, claws962001@yahoo.com
# 11/9/06

use Mail::POP3Client;
use MIME::Parser;
use strict;

my $_MAILHOST="I filled this in";
my $_USER="I filled this in"; #username
my $_PASS="I filled this in"; #password

my $_OUTDIR="/I/filled/this/in/"; #Output attachments here

my $i = 0;
my $parser = new MIME::Parser;
my $pop = new Mail::POP3Client( HOST      =>$_MAILHOST,
                                USER      =>$_USER,
                                PASSWORD  =>$_PASS,
                                DEBUG     =>0 );
$parser->output_dir( $_OUTDIR );

if( $pop->Count() < 0 ) {
   die "Error accessing POP mailbox";
}

for( $i = 0; $i <= $pop->Count(); $i++ ) {
    my $wholeBody = $pop->HeadAndBody( $i );
    my $entity = $parser->parse_data( $wholeBody );
}

Thanks so much for helping me out. This is making me wonder if I
should finally learn perl... I know PHP for web apps and BASH for
shell scripts, but this is a shining example of what is missing from
that equation.

Ken