Re: Samba Domain: Install applications on XP clients

---- Dan Fleischer <dan.fleischer@banktr.com> wrote:
> Please respond to the list as you make progress.  I'm sure there are
> lots of people who would love to avoid WSUS.

That's not what WSUS is to be used for anyway, it's only for Microsoft authored updates, unless someone has found a way to hack it....

Oh, I meant hack in the classic "extend use beyond what the creator intended" context, not "subvert for your own use"....

See the second entry under the below page/anchor....
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/evaluation/faqs.mspx#EUCAC

Maybe you meant SMS?  That can load appliations on systems, with no user intervention, regardless of whether someone is logged in to the system.  Unlike WSUS, however, it is NOT free, .

> Thanks,
> Dan Fleischer

HTH,
William