Re: FC5 looks cool

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 09:26:27PM -0600, hbrhodes wrote:
> can't wait to get FC5, and then for the 3d desktop to get in gear too!
> curses, i have an nvidia card though, and that means i have to wait.
> looks kick ass though!  three days!

The only real benefit of being an official mirror is that I get access
to releases a little earlier than everyone else.  I just did an
upgrade on my laptop.  So far it looks pretty good, but be warned that
after the last package is installed, there is no indication (other
than the drive activity light going like crazy) that the various rpm
%post scripts are being executed.  (There used to be a dialog that
said "Performing post-install configuration" or something, IIRC.)

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.