silug-discuss

does anyone know where to the nvidia driver?  i've tried yum, couldn't
get it to download lately, and when i downloaded the file from
http://www.nvidia.com , i can't get it to install because the init 3
command hangs on Wine (exiting i suppose).  i've tried telinit 3 too,
and that didn't work.

does anyone know howto get to a non graphical interface so i can install
that nvidia driver?  i tried using the preconfigured geforce 6200 driver
that comes with FC4, but it doesn't work with the Cedega 5.1 program i
downloaded (glide test and D3D test).

i've looked through the posts that i thought would have viable info and
didn't see something that really made sense.  basically FC4 has a driver
for my 6200 geforce card, but when Cedega (timedemo) tested the files it
stated the glide and D3D tests failed, thus i'm inquiring about how to
get init or telinit to let me out to install them.  i'm trying init 3 as
mentioned above, is there a better way?
--

bentley rhodes		| Southeast Missouri University
hbrhodes@semo.edu	| College of Nursing, Spring 2008.