Re: It's official - Linux on Palm!!

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 18:58 -0600, Kyle Pointer wrote:
> So when will I be able to use this? Get rid of Palm OS, and use
> something more shiny?
> -- kyle

As the owner of a Zaurus SL-5600 Linux PDA and a Treo 600 PalmOS combo
PDA+phone, there's no question in my mind which was a pricey -- and
quickly orphaned -- toy and which is a very serious workhorse. In the
real world a device's embedded OS is far less important than the
functions it can actually DO. Show me a real Linux phone that can do
more & better things than the new WindowsCE-based Treo 700 and I might
buy it. And if a snap-in cradle for hands-free operation in my car isn't
an option, I won't care what else it can do.

--Doc