Re: Partitioning XP

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 20:04 -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> I normally use Partition Magic for resising Windoze partitions, .. but
> apparently my version (7) DNW with XP.
> Has anyone seen a tool that WILL work wiht NTFS XP?

Partition Magic 8.01 worked fine with NT5.1 releases (XP/2003) through
Server Pack 1.  I've never tried SP2 though, but it should work as well.

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 20:37 -0500, Dan Fleischer wrote:
> Use QtParted, included on Knoppix.  It works perfectly with fat32 and ntfs.

Yes, resizing NTFS (moving filesystem blocks) is perfectly safe with the
LDM-NTFS tools now.

The only time NTFS is dangerous is when you are changing files or, worse
yet, their meta-data -- even with the same version of NT (but a
different install.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith@ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com