Re: verizon dsl

everyone should be coming down in cost real soon (within 2 weeks)

my biggest gripe with verizon is the usage of pppoe.  pppoe is the devil
(and an annoyance which truely isnt needed in this day and age)

a friend of mine has verizon dsl and uses a linux box to share it.  he
is doing pppoe on the linux box.  he didnt use the dsl modem verizon
shipped though (it does the pppoe internally once you get your service
set up, however it also by default is a fully open wireless access point
as well)

i dont know if he did his initial setup from a windows machine or not (i
was thinking he did it orignally using his own dsl modem which is just a
dumb dsl to ethernet bridge and the pppoe support on freebsd)

Casey