Re: OT: Summer Jobs

Mark,

  At the risk of sounding my age, I'd like to first say, there's nuttin' much wrong with flippin' a few burgers when you're 16 to make an honest buck, son. That's where I started out when I was about 15 or 16, it got me through awhile, and it was a job which gave me something to do, and was real world "work experience".
  Now that I am older, and have a "real job" I guess you could say, you'd be amazed that sometimes how I long to go back to the 'good ole days' when I was 16, and do the things I did <sigh>. Anyway the point is, everyone's gotta start somewhere, most of us start at the bottom, and as Bryan put it, don't be so ambitious that you forget to enjoy your youth!
  However, since you are ambitious, I'll try and give you some help for entry level computer jobs:

Have you tried ?
- Best Buy
- Circuit City
- Ultimate Electronics
- Walmart(Electronics Dept)

 I'm pretty sure most of the major department stores in the mall have an electronics department (Sears, JCPenny, etc).

Here's 3 local computer stores in Belleville, IL , 4th one in O'Fallon.

KAPPELS CMPTR STR A CONNECTING 125 E MAIN ST BELLEVILLE, IL 62220-1697 618-277-2354

COMPUTYPE 4401 N BELT W BELLEVILLE, IL 62223-5215 618-233-8500

LASER TECH LASER SERVICES 321 EL PASO DR BELLEVILLE, IL 62221-3108 618-236-1119

Ac Computer Thrift Store, (618) 632-1809  109 E 1st St, O Fallon, IL

The admins of this listserv, (Linux stuff)
http://www.kspei.com/contact/

If you're really ambitious, you could put an ad in the Belleville paper in the employment section, stating you are looking for summer time/part time computer work, get mom & dad to foot the bill for the ad and you can of course promise to pay them back on your first paycheck!

HTH,

Roger H