Re: Print to Windows XP with Fedora Core 3 -- Use the Printer

When I print to a Win2K or XP box via Samba from a
Linux (or BSD) box, I have to put in a domain with the
user name (even though the boxes are not in a domain).
So, for instance, if I am printing to a window's box
named BELFRY, I have to put in BELFRY\username. If the
box is in a real domain, then of course I have to put
in that domain. Thus if the domain is DISONS, I would
put DISONS\username. Maybe it's just me!

--- Aaron Kenney <awkenney@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Bryan J. Smith wrote:
>
> >Menu -> System Settings -> Printing
> >Enter Root Password
> >And the Wizard will guide you.
> >
> >The Printer Type will be "SMB" and you might need a
> username/password.
> >It sometimes gets weird with XP.
> >
> Unfortuntely this is Windows XP Pro. Okay, here's
> where I'm at so far:
> 1. I logged in as root and chose KDE as the session.
> 2. I went to
> menu>system settings>printing. I've been this far
> before. 3. Went
> through the wizard and chose SMB as the type. 4.Got
> an authentication
> screen that asked for Workgroup, Server, Share, User
> Name and Password.
> Checked for spelling to make sure all were correct.
> Used the Windows
> local admin and password. 5. After a moment of
> processing, the
> authentication screen pops right back up. No matter
> what I input, I get
> the same effect.
>
> So maybe I should have should have sent this info in
> the first message.
> Sorry, but I got somewhat sidetracked by the rest of
> the Web's ranting.
> -Aaron Kenney
>

> -
> To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo@silug.org