Re: Kernel rebuilding in Fedora Core 3...

Reggie Braswell wrote:
> My problem:
> Linksys WMP54G
> ATI Radeon 9600SE
> I can use the stack 16 kernels from Linuxant or ATrpms.net with
> ndiswrapper successfully, but it throws a curve on getting the
> customized ATI drivers I need to be able to adjust TV out for myth. I
> tried the serialmonkey port for the native RT2500 driver but it locks
> the machine up solid. Seems one thing clobbers another thing. I am
> currently recompiling the stock 770 kernel and turning off 4k stacks
> to see if I can get ndiswrapper and the customized ATI stuff to play
> well with one another.

If you're going to rebuild from SRPM, consider getting the latest
2.6.11.x kernels from Fedora Development.
There are a host of major fixes in 2.6.11.x, including several for video
issues.
I've bee running with the late March release from Development on an
Athlon64 3200+ (Linux/x86-64) and a nVidia GeForce 6800GT with no issues
for a good week.

Also consider passing around any SPEC file you modify which allows your
build to work.
I know many people just want to prep the tree and build, but things are
far easier to duplicate verbatim if you take the small amount of time to
modify the SPEC file.
--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org
Currently Mobile   Treo 600