Fedora Extras available for download (fwd)

I need to get the ftp server and the apt repository updated
appropriately...

----- Forwarded message from Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> -----

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:19:35 -0500 (EST)
From: Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com>
To: fedora-announce-list@redhat.com, fedora-extras-announce-list@redhat.com,
        fedora-list@redhat.com, fedora-extras-list@redhat.com
Subject: Fedora Extras available for download

So you're wondering what's up with Fedora Extras these days. We have an
announcement to make.

<Sopwith> So what should I put in the announcement?
<|Jef|> Sopwith: that we are all deeply deeply ashamed for the delay and
we throw ourselves on the mercy of the community and ask for forgiveness

Thanks to the efforts of all the Extras contributors, you can now get
Fedora Extras packages from the main Fedora download site at
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/

Fedora Extras are sets of packages that augment Fedora Core but do not
replace Fedora Core component packages. These packages, like all packages
that are part of The Fedora Project, must conform to the legal
requirements of the project and conform to the Fedora Extras policies.

Examples of packages currently available in Fedora Extras include:
	bittorrent cfengine gqview jikes libsigc++ openslp rxvt sqlite
	starfighter zope
with a total of over 500 packages available!

The fedora-extras-list
(https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-extras-list/) is the best
place to discuss Extras.

If you'd like to start becoming involved with Extras development, a good
step beyond joining fedora-extras-list might be
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/extras.shtml

<mschwendt> Sopwith: bug reports via bugzilla.redhat.com, not
bugzilla.fedora.us

Please remember to report bugs at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ Use
a Product of "Fedora Extras".

Seth Vidal deserves special recognition for continuing to be the engine
behind getting builds done and organized through the fedoraproject.org
site.

And thanks to you all for being part of Fedora!
-- Elliot