Re: bentley rhodes, attempting to compile lame.

Ah, it seems that B.J. knows more than I on the Fedora situaion.

I have heard of YUM. It is similar to APT, Portage, Ports, etc., in
that it takes care of package dependency hell and has a mirror network
of packages from trusted sources, so you don't get burned by a forged
package from some.odd.site.example.com!

If it allows compilation flags, custom mirror adustment, stability
controls, and package aging, then it may be on par with these other
package management systems.

If that is the case, do NOT bypass it by going to the sites I
mentioned. I only had to do this on Mandrake (a while back) because
they were stingy about membership to their official package
repository. I remember Red Hat being the same way, back in the
RH7days, when I last used RH.

Though, the SRPM info you may have gleened from my prior post is still
valid, in that, you are still using RPM-based package management. You
may just need to, at some point, locate a package manually. But, do
use the mirrors B. J. outlined, for your own safety (and sanity ;).

Cheers,
Ray McCord