Re: Knoppix RAID?

On Wednesday, Dec 8, 2004, at 14:46 US/Central, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Trying to setup s/w raid on a new system, .. doesn't look like either
> 2.6 (no RAID) nor 2.4 (does not see the MB array) will work out of the
> box. Might be worth some investigation?

On Knoppix?  RAID works just fine with 2.4 on Knoppix 2.6.  See my
notes for a SW RAID 5 system using the loopback file system:

   http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?LbRaid5

Just adjust the comments if using Knoppix.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource.  Distribute FLOSS for
Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent