Re: Trimming away bad sectors...

> One of these command lines may include the bad sectors. Can younger,
> more experienced eyes verify them for me?

I would look around and get a copy of dd_rescue instead of using regular dd.

http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/ddrescue/

It can auto-skip/adjust for error blocks, as well as try reading from the opposite direction. Very nice.

I couldn't get to the site from work, but that's probably because his server doesn't like my source IP.

Mike/