CVS

I am about to begin an open source project and I figured that if I am
going to do something, I ought to do it right! Anyway, I'd like to get a
simple CVS server set up but I don't know where to begin... Are there
different CVS server daemons and which one do you recommend? Hopefully
they have books and hopefully those books are on safari books online.
I've used CVS before, so I understand the basic concepts, but I have
never run a CVS server.

Also, this is my first OSS project. Any suggestions, reads, legal
advice, and so on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken