Re: Hello! and can I have a ride?

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 05:56:51PM -0500, NZG wrote:
> This is my first post to this list, I've been a Linux user in the Carbondale
> for 4 years and just discovered you existed 10 minutes ago. Are you a secret
> society?

If we were, we certainly aren't doing a good job of hiding
ourselves...  (Google for "Linux" and "Carbondale", for example.  :-)

SILUG has been meeting in Carbondale (or nearby) for 10 years now.

  http://www.silug.org/about/

In fact, the next meeting falls on the day after the 10-year
anniversary of the first meeting.  I had threatened a party that
weekend, but, honestly, it slipped my mind until the other day...

The reason people haven't heard of the group is that we haven't been
actively promoting it for a *very* long time.  Any member is more than
welcome to fix that little problem though...  ;-)  (I don't live in
Carbondale anymore, so it would be a hard problem for me to solve,
even if I had the time...)