Re: Linux on Sun

I was dual booting Solaris 8 and SuSE here at work for a while on a Sun
Blade 100.  It was nice, although there is a severe lack of sparc support
for alot of the distro's and software out there.  If you really get into
it though, you can find alot of people who are doing the same thing and
can give you a hand.  I am trying to find the mailing list that I was on
for sparc linux a couple of years ago.

Tighe

> Running on a sun is no different than running on i386, cept you need a
> sparc compiled distro
>
> On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 07:50, clangin@siu.edu wrote:
> > Thank you for all of the responses.
> >
> > > Any reason you don't want to run Solaris?
> >
> > Personal preference, in my case.  People are
> > unplugging Suns, putting them in storage, and
> > replacing them with Linux machines (primarily
> > Dell's).  We need more Linux machines.  So, I
> > was wondering about converting Suns.  We
> > plugged in a Sun.  I already have SuSE.  We're
> > going to see if a grad student can get Linux
> > running on the Sun.
> >
> > --Chet

Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Nothing is too cruel if it is funny enough."