Re: high speed internet carbondale

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 03:27:17PM -0500, Matt Wehland wrote:
> I just checked on their site to be sure, but Verizon is now claiming to offer
> DSL 768/128 in Murphysboro.  I had gotten an email from them a month or 2 ago
> claiming that they now service my area, this from a request around January of
> this year, when they didn't offer it here.
> $29.95 for 768/128, I didn't bother to dig for any hidden fees.

this was the exact service that they were trying to get (although it was only
like 20 a month for the first six months with some multi-line package and
you have to take this long distance carrier and they want half the soul of your
first born after it's third full moon . . . you get the idea)

when my friend finally got someone who would talk to them at verizon she was
told that while they were trying to get allowed to sell dsl service in
murphy but hadn't been approved

later she called city hall and a clerk there confirmed that verizon wasn't
allowed to sell dsl in that area

of course i didn't talk to any of these people personally so i'm getting this
second hand, and i trust what anyone from verizon says about as much as I trust
a microsoft marketing exec but you never know

Bob