Re: Way Off Topic, kinda!

Yes indeed. It is the afore mentioned Cisco Certification. By this time
next year I should have all 4 of the CCNP exams behind me. I had a
gentleman in my TCP/IP class that had 6 years experience as a network
admin. He told me he was taking the course to brush up so he could take
the CCNA exam. I asked hime if he had taken any of the CCNA prep courses
and he said he didn't need them, that he new the material.

He scored a 544 on the exam. I believe he was humbled considerably. For
those of you who don't know, it takes 849 or better to pass.

While I'm at it, thanks to everyone who sent congrats. This is the first
step back from the abyss. Anyone need an entry level network admin?

Steve

BTW - as concerns another thread on the list, one question that I had on
my first attempt to pass the exam was ......

a ping to 127.0.0.1 is unsuccessful what is the problem?

The correct answer is the TCP/IP stack is missing or improperly
configured. (Realizing of course that Cisco tests primarily on the
Windows 2K environment  when they aren't specifically testing on Cisco
equipment). If the firewall is prohibiting traffic to the loopback
interface, it's a poorly thought out firewall. The loopback is needed by
many different applications and should not be blocked. Just my 2 cents.