coLinux on-line installfest (was: Avoid CoLinux: it's buggy Crap)

On Thursday, May 6, 2004, at 17:37 US/Central, Drews, Jonathan* wrote:
> Robert, the stuff is untested crap.

Jonathan does have a point.  It's not the easiest software to get
working.  Kind of reminds me of the way one installed Linux back in the
early 90's.  It's not difficult, it's just really easy to get tripped
up on the little things.  It really helped me to have someone who knew
the path to guide me.

If anyone is interested in playing with CoLinux, join me on IRC later
tonight (past 8pm) and I'd be happy to guide you through a colinux
install.  It only takes a few minutes to get working.

   http://www.colinux.org/wiki/index.php/nicksandnames

All you need is the colinux-20040429 bundle (
http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?Downloads ), a Windows 2000
machine (pre-NT won't work and I have not figured out XP, yet), and an
IRC client (Mozilla works great on Windows).  Or if you can't make it
tonight, send me a e-mail off list and we can schedule a time.  It's a
fun project to work on, once you get it working.

BTW, CoLinux has filesystems for Debian-stable, Fedora Core, and
Gentoo.  I picked Debian because it was the smallest.

Regards,
- Robert
http://cwelug.org