Re: cgi-bin

HC>> Where on systems that store multiple users' web pages do sysops
HC>> normally store cgi scripts? In fact, where do the sysops store
HC>> the web pages?

SP> That's entirely up to user preference and what access method you
SP> make available to your customers.

Sigh...  This is going to be one of those nights...   ;-)

Ok, guys, this is my first struggle with Apache.  I found the
following in the Apache documentation.
Question:
How do I allow each of my user directories to have a cgi-bin
directory?

Answer:
Remember that CGI execution does not need to be restricted only to
cgi-bin directories. You can allow CGI script execution in arbitrary
parts of your filesystem. There are many ways to give each user
directory a cgi-bin directory such that anything requested as
http://example.com/~user/cgi-bin/program will be executed as a CGI
script. Two alternatives are:

1. Place the cgi-bin directory next to the public_html directory:
	ScriptAliasMatch ^/~([^/]*)/cgi-bin/(.*) /home/$1/cgi-bin/$2

2. Place the cgi-bin directory underneath the public_html directory:
	<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
	Options ExecCGI
	SetHandler cgi-script
	</Directory>

If you are using suexec, the first technique will not work because CGI
scripts must be stored under the public_html directory.