cgi-bin

I have loaded apache-perl onto my computer.  The documentation says
that a-p expects cgi scripts to be located in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/. That
sees a strange place to put them.  Where on systems that store
multiple users' web pages do sysops normally store cgi scripts ?  In
fact, where do the sysops store the web pages?  One of the books that
I'm reading suggests that /home/user/www/ is the normal spot and that
cgi scripts are normally stored in /home/user/www/cgi-bin/.

- Harold