Super DVD drive

For anyone interested in upgrading at a good price, Sam's now carries
Pacific Digital universal DVD drives for $128.42.

                        Read    Write
Speeds: DVD-R, DVD+R    8x      8x (11 MB/s)
        DVD+RW          8x      4x (5.5 MB/s)
        DVD-RW          8x      2x (2.75 MB/s)
        CD-R            40x     16x/24x/32x
        CD-RW           32x     4x/10x/16x
        DVD-ROM         12x     --
        CD-ROM          40x     --

Sam's is also selling twin 15-packs of Verbatim DVD+RW discs for $56.32.
They're rated at 2.4x write speed.

These are clearly marked as 15-packs, but their containers are as
deceptive as padded bras. Each is the same size as one containing 25
CD-R/RW discs, but contains nine nylon washers and one clear separator
disc pushing 15 DVD+RW discs to the top of the spindle. You can't see the
void until you remove the shrinkwrap and open the container. I think I'd
rather buy one true 25-pack for $46.93.

At any rate, I can now burn Fedora Core distributions to DVD disc using a
4.3G image. I'll have the ISO images for FC2t2, including the one with
everything on one DVD, available to copy laptop-to-laptop for anyone who
wants them on Wednesday.

--Doc