Re: Question about networking...

hmmmm... go into /etc/init.d and grep for ath and see what is going on.
also, it might be that your DHCP set up is munged.  i need more beer in me
to think, <3 guinness.

as to why you have an eth0:9, i have no idea.  did you use a script or
something to get this stuff installed?

> Yeah, ath0 is for my wireless card. I runs on the atheros diver.
>
> As for your other question, I have no idea... I didn't set the ip for
> the card at all... It is set up for DHCP. I am running MDK 9.2. I used
> the control center sometimes and edited the ifcfg-eth0 file sometimes.
>
> So why do I have an eth0:9?? Where is that specified?
>
> Ken
>
> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 13:50, fiaid@quasi-sane.com wrote:
> > > All of the lines with the "zcip" on it are all new. Can someone explain
> > > what is going on? It really slows down my boot up. Any suggestions for
> > > speeding things back up?
> >
> > what i want to know is why in the hell you are using the 127 class A
> > broadcast address for your ip address.  what OS are you in?  what program
> > were you using to effect changes to your networking?  it really looks like
> > some 3rd party thing barfed all over your init scripts and added some crap
> > that doesn't need to be there.
> >
> > > Another odd thing is that when I do ifconfig, I get the following two
> > > entries. What is eth0:9??? I used to get this same thing when I was
> > > struggling to get my wireless card working, ath0 and ath0:9.
> >
> > eth0:9 is a subinterface on your card.  think of it as a virtual nic
> > which you can assign an IP address too and will be able to use as you
> > would any other nic in your machine.  why do you need a ath0 and an ath0:9
> > for your wireless card?
> >
> > Tighe

Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Nothing is too cruel if it is funny enough."