Re: troubleshooting samba connections

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:03:38AM -0600, Roger_Hill@May-Co.com wrote:
> I am running RedHat Linux 8

Stop right there.  Before you pull any more hair out, upgrade to
Fedora Core 1.

  http://ftp.silug.org/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/iso/

Among the million reasons for upgrading is Samba 3 (which we spoke
about at the last meeting).  It plays nice with ever version of
Windows I've thrown at it.  If you are running XP, it won't work
against older versions of Samba without some work (on the Windows
side).

Besides that, RH8 had some nasty bugs in rpm that aren't fixed in any
errata.  It's really a Bad Idea to stick with it.