Logging files remotely through sshd tunnel

Hello all,
I've finally gotten some more old drives and am in the process of testing
them.  I'm testing with badblocks (any other suggestions?).
Since I have several machines and only one monitor, I am using BBC 2.1 cd to
bring up test_machine (with monitor/kb attached).  Staring networking/sshd.
Reconnect the monitor to my normal workstation and SSH into the test_machine,
starting screen and then running badblocks.
The only thing I would like to be able to do is to save the output of
badblocks.  Since I am booting from CD and running destructive tests, logging
locally is not an option (If the files are small enough I guess I could use a
floppy, but I don't even know where any are right now).
So I would like to tunnel the log file back to my normal_workstation.
I've looked on the web and can find how to tunnel to ftp, mail, web and other
servers, but I haven't figured out how to redirect output from a command
through a tunnel to a file on another machine?
Any pointers?

my badblock command is
   badblocks -w -b 4096 -c 16384 -p4 -s   (supposed to use 128MG ram and do 4
passes after no new block errors)
I just need to add -o (output filename) with some redirection.
Is this possible (I'm pretty sure it is, but I haven't found and example yet).

Thanks for any help, I have to run to work now (which is why I can really use
some help, don't have much freetime and I'd rather spend it building the
systems rather than testing hardware) Hopefully I'll find some more time
tonight to play with this.

Matt Wehland