Re: Non-zero LUNs

> Is it possible to install Linux to a virtual SCSI drive with a non-zero
> LUN?

Well, what does the SCSI HOWTO say about that?

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/dnamesdevfs.html
and
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/dnamesscsidev.html

It seems your kernel will need devfs or you should use the scsidev command.
I don't know if GRUB/LILO will then let you point to a LUN1 device, for example.

But that's not all you'll need. You might want to look at using these patches,
specifically, #1 and #3:

http://www.suse.de/~garloff/linux/scsi-many/

Hope that helps.

As an aside, I also ran across this little interesting tool: dd_rescue.

http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/ddrescue/

very interesting indeed. Could come in handy one day...

Mike/