Southeast Missouri Linux Users

I'm a college student living in Cape Girardeau, MO and was toying with the idea of putting together a user group for Linux users in Southeast Missouri (it is quite a drive to any other LUG).  However, I'm not entirely sure there are actually any Linux users besides myself in the area :)
Are there any other users in this area interested in forming such a group, or is it just impractical?
Thanks,
Cory