Re: Prospects for finding Linux compatible Laptops?

Thanks Mike:

 I guess my biggest concern is: Are the newer laptops becoming less
Linux compatible ?
 I have looked at these two sites that give very up to date install
instructions for laptops:

TuxMobil:
http://www.tuxmobil.org/

The FreeBSD Laptop Compatibility List
http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/

Also there is www.powernotebooks.com

>From these sites all that I can tell is that the newer laptops have no
drivers for there winmodems and that in many cases ACPI is not working.
Furthermore, the 9XXX series ATI video cards seem difficult to
configure. Will this situation improve in the next 18 months?