Re: Prospects for finding Linux compatible Laptops?

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 10:35:07PM -0600, Jonathan wrote:
>  When I say Linux compatible I mean that everything works. Modem, built
> in 802.11, PCMCIA bus and video card.

You may as well give up on the idea of getting a working internal
modem.  *Nobody* uses real hardware modems in laptops anymore.  It
just doesn't happen.

Ignoring the fact that a lot of the winmodems have binary-only drivers
for Linux (so you could probably get it working anyway), a PCMCIA real
modem isn't terribly expensive.  Just assume you'll have to spend a
few bucks (<$50, IIRC) on one.