Re: OT: Question about broadband service in the Swansea area

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Sean \The RIMBoy\ wrote:

> My parents are looking to get something resembling broadband.  Their
> options are Charter and presuming they can get DSL, DSL.  I'm leaning
> towards APCI DSL since they already have dialup from APCI (and are happy
> with it).  Otherwise, does anyone have any other suggestions for DSL?  How
> bad (or good) is Charter?  Does Charter do any type of spam filtering on
> their email accounts (one of the features my parents like about APCI).

I have been talking with some people from HTC Technologies for some time.
APCI is a Linux shop, but I think they're overselling service, reports are
mixed with customers.  I've been impressed with HTC as a business, and
given they're an older telco, they've got good roots in the area.  Their
wireless service is doing really really well too.

Would you like me to send her your way?

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/