Re: trusted computing initiative

>From: Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>

actually his attachment to the internet is what got him infected.  blaster
uses a huge gaping hole in the ms rpc service to spread itself about, not a
.exe that your friend downloaded from the internet.

the patch to prevent the infection has been available on windows update for
a month.  had your friend checked WU from time to time, it wouldnt have been
an issue (of course had microsoft imposed extremely strict coding practices
for security and not quick development it wouldnt have been an issue either)

incidently the hole being used has been used by script kiddies for some time
now i find out (longer than the issue has been publicly known, ALOT longer).

Casey